MaxFunCon West 2012 | Lake Arrowhead, CA
A couple months ago, I was asked to shoot this. I agreed solely based on having met a couple fans of the Maximum Fun network, and them rallying hard to get me to shoot last year. In the end, Kenneth Lecky, a photographer/fan was willing to fly out to shoot the weekend, for free, won out…. as he should have.
This year, it was my turn, and that might have been the most exhausting weekend I’ve EVER worked. Not including the 30 minutes for meals and the couple hours of sleep, I probably shot for about 20 hours over 3 days. Notably, Saturday, which started with breakfast at 8am and my day ending at midnight after the Country Estate Party wrapped up.
It was a crazy experience for sure.
- Leaving LA at 2pm means a 4 hour commute instead of a 2 hour one.
- You’re probably going the wrong way if your road is unpaved.
- DELICIOUS FOOD. I didn’t spend a dime when I was up there.
- BECAUSE THERE WERE NO SNACKS. OR COKE. OR CARBONATED BEVERAGES ON SITE TO BUY OR CONSUME.
(Special thanks to the lone MaxFunCon’er who pointed me out to the weird secret vending machine. )
- MaxFunCon folk are a different realm of comedy nerd. I’ve never seen so many people so competitive at trivia.
- Fuck Cardio Hill
- A week later and I’m still recovering, Jay needs to move here to become my personal camera equipment caddy.
- All that said, I’d do it all over again.
(the whole flickr set here)